In this palace, in the course of the Middle Ages, lived several families of the Catalan nobility, among which highlights the lineage of the Queralt family. It is currently the temporary
headquarters of the Disseny Hub Barcelona (today located
on the San Martín District.
The Palau Llió consists of a ground floor and two floors resulting from the merger of two adjacent estates between Montcada Street and Barra de Ferro Sreet. The central building dates from the 13th century. Architecturally it is organized from the central patio, as it was usually done in the palaces of the time. The annex building, acquired later, is another smaller courtyard. The palace is composed of three facades, at the southern end (facade of Montcada Street) stands a rectangular tower that stands out from the rest of the building. Characteristic element of the civil buildings of the medieval era. The roof is not homogeneous and represents different types.
It was the seat for a long time of the Ateneu Catalá Obrer, an association founded in 1861 by a group of progressive liberals who had the purpose of spreading the culture among the working class.