As all fountains, in the beginning it was just a drinking place (though) for horses. Only years later it was expanded with a fountain for the enjoyment of
the neighbors who did not have running water.
Attached to the Royal Artistic Circle, this octagonal fountain changed shape. In the 19th century, the ornamental part of the fountain was expanded with a sculpture and in 1918 its walls were decorated with ceramic panels and vases were made that were placed on top of the structure.