The San Agustín Convent was built from 1349 and finished 150 years later in the Born Quarter. Its construction took so many years because it was made while the adjoining buildings were purchased to add them to the convent.
Located just a few steps away from the Born Market, in the area where the craftsmen dedicated to the treatment of skins and seasonings and tanners worked. Inside the
convent, the tanners’ guild had its own chapel.
The church was partially destroyed in 1716 and finally demolished for the construction of the Ciudadela. Only part of the cloister remains, which has been completely restored and the building, which is now the headquarters of the Barcelona Photographic Archive and the Chocolate Museum.